I love mascara, but I am also extremely picky about the formula. I have tried dozens, if not a hundred, at this point and I'm always looking for the same thing - a formula that doesn't clump, adds lots of definition, and washes off easily. If it holds a curl that's extra points. After lots of hits and misses, I have found what I consider to be the 5 best mascaras right now.
1. Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara - I found this mascara over on Gal Meets Glam and it truly delivers. It delivers a lot of volume (I've actually been asked if I'm wearing fake lashes) and removes relatively easy with baby shampoo in the shower. It also never smudges or smears during the day, and only flakes when the tube is basically empty.
2. Benefit Roller Lash - This mascara provides lots of definition and holds a curl. My mom complimented my eyelashes once when I wore it, and she never ever notices makeup. It comes off in a breeze in the shower, and also never smears, runs or flakes.
3. Benefit BadGal BANG - This mascara also provides a lot of definition and also volume. I love that the brush finds all of the teeny tiny hairs on the outer corners of my lashes and lower lash line. It also comes off pretty easy in the shower, and I haven't had any issues with flaking or smudging, even after a workout.
4. TooFaced Better Than Sex - This mascara provides lots and lots of volume, and is really easy to layer. It comes off easy, especially considering how much of it is on your lashes. I haven't had issues with smudging either. The only "issue" with this product is that I think the trial size is better. The mascara doesn't have any time to dry up, so you don't get clumping and flaking issues like you do in the full size tube.
5. L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes - This mascara provides a lot of volume and is the cheapest of the bunch. Since it is a tubing product it doesn't smear or flake, and it comes off in the shower. If you've never worn tube mascara before, however, be aware that it doesn't wipe off. You kind of have to rub and it pills off (without damages your lashes).
Do you have any favorite mascara? I love having go to products that I know will look good all day. Not worrying that my mascara is all over my cheeks adds that little bit of confidence in my step, and having go to products makes shopping and getting ready in the morning so much faster. Sometimes it's the little things, like a tiny tube, that make all the difference.