Happy Friday everyone! It was so nice to have a short week, it's the second best part of a long weekend in my opinion. Do you have any fun plans? We are going to see Solo and on Saturday we are attending an engagement party for our friends. Funnily enough, it will be the first engagement party either I or my husband attend. Other than that I see lots of cooking, baking and crafts in our future if the rainy forecast holds true. I'm looking forward to it, sometimes it's just nice to snuggle up in the rain.
Here's what I'm loving this week -
1. While were in NYC we visited Milk Bar. I saw an episode about the founder, Christina Tosi, on the Netflix show Chef's Table. Everything in the special looked delicious, so I had to check it out when were in NYC and it lived up to the hype. I sampled a bit of everything, and my favorites by far are the Crack Pie and the Confetti Cookies. I found a recipe to recreate the Confetti cookies and I'm going to try my hand at them this weekend. I'll let you know how they turn out!
2. Another favorite in NYC was Maison Kaiser. It's a French bakery that we first discovered in Paris last year. I was so excited when I spotted it in NY, and it's just as good as we remember. If you are in NYC or Paris and looking for a great breakfast, this is the place to go. The baguettes are amazing the eggs are fluffy and the pastries have the perfect amount of crunch.
3. Charlotte Tilbury has short makeup tutorials on her website, and they are great! They are pretty quick, but they do a good job of showing how she layers all the products. I particularly like this video on the Exagger-Eyes palette. She shows you the order to apply the shadows in, the brush, and how far to blend it all up and out. The tips are applicable to any eyeshadow too! Also, this palette is back on the Nordstrom site and it is So. Pretty. (online and in person. I swatched it on my hand over the weekend).
4. I'm in love with everything at J.Crew factory right now. They have tops with bows at the shoulder, and the black one reminds me so much of the dress Midge wore in the last scene of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Plus, unlike Midge's dress, it less than $20!
5. I have been trying hard to post to Instagram, Twitter and Pinterst more often to be able to share more of what I'm doing and loving with all of you. This week Drybar and Ricky's liked my pictures, and it felt nice to be appreciated as a customer. I feel like more brands are trying to interact with consumers and I really like the trend. Also, come check out my accounts! They are linked at the top of the site.
Have you done of seen anything fun this week? Looking forward to the weekend? Please share!