Recently, I started to feel like I was getting into a little bit of a rut with my style. I would put my hair back into a low pony tail, wear the same small earrings, wear the same athliesure, and the same no makeup makeup. In an effort to switch it up, and leave my comfort zone a little, I started to try and add a little bit of glam into my every day look and it has made a big positive impact! I feel more put together, which makes me feel more confident and more creatively inspired. Also, it's just fun and adds a little more pizazz to my day. If you ever feel like you are getting into a style rut, here are the tricks I have been using to add a little more glam -
1. Get dressed up for the every day - I started putting on a sundress, or some favorite espadrilles when I go out. Going to an afternoon matinee, lunch or even errands feels so much more fun when you have a dress on!
2. Accessorize - Adding a cute purse, a scarf, sunglasses or even your favorite pair of shoes is a nice way to add a little more glam. For instance, instead of sliding into my trusty boat shoes I put on my new pink espadrilles the other day to go out to Whole Foods. Other tricks are tying a scarf around your pony tail, or your handbag or even around your neck! All of these scarves aren't that expensive, but add a little old hollywood glam to any outfit.
3. Wear statement earrings - statement earrings are a fun way to add a little glamour to every outfit. Simple pieces like jeans and a tee feel so much fancier with a fun pair of statement earrings!
4. Style my hair - I feel so much more put together when I take the 15 minutes to "do" my hair. A proper blow dry makes me feel so polished and I start out my day with a little more bounce in my step. I recently cut my hair to my collarbone, so now I have no excuse not to spend the 15 minutes it takes to feel a lot more glamorous. If you are the same as me, here are my favorite products for a perfect blowout.
5. Wear clothes outside of my comfort zone - I am trying to go outside my comfort zone and add some pieces to my wardrobe that feel a little more glamorous. Right now this includes midi-length dresses, scarves and statement earrings as mentioned above, sandals with a low heel and silky tops. Here are some of my favorites.
Have you done anything to switch up your style recently? I'd love to hear how!