Does anyone have any fun plans for the long weekend? I can't believe it's Labor Day already, I feel like Memorial Day was last week! It also seems crazy that fall is just around the corner (though I am so, so excited to experience fall again this year) when it is so hot outside. I'm hoping it cools off a little so that we can enjoy being outside this weekend. My parents and brother in law are coming in to town and I'm excited to show them the sights and the neighborhood. It will be so nice to see them and have them see our new home.
What I loved this week -
1. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I painted some of our furniture to match our new home and this paint is amazing. It goes on with a very lovely matte, chalky finish and only takes 2 coats. The best part is you don't have to sand the furniture or use a primer. Plus, the names are really cute.
2. Glossier Cloud Paint in Storm. I really love this blush color; I wore it every day when we were in Italy. The color looks very bright and intense on the package, but it blends out into a warm rose color. In addition, it layers really well so you can have the color sheer and subtle or more intense.
3. Cacio Pepe. I fell in love with Cacio Pepe. It's sort of like the original macaroni and cheese, except the sauce is made with pasta water instead of cream. It's super yummy but not as heavy as the American version. I can't wait to make it on repeat. I think I'm going to try this recipe first!
4. Cute Pencil Holder. I got the Anthropologie Cityscape pencil cup to hold our pens and highlighters on our entryway table and it is so cute! Plus it isn't too girly; even my husband noticed it and really liked it, haha.
5. Winnie the Pooh. We saw Christopher Robin and it is so lovey and charming. If you are looking for a heart warming movie, or a movie to see with little ones, I highly recommend it! I also watched Set It Up on Netflix, and I thought it was a cute Rom Com.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!