Today I'm excited to share five essential pieces for fall. Now that the heat wave has finally broken I'm starting to prepare my wardrobe for autumn. Fall has always been my favorite season and I am so happy to get to experience it again after a few years. Early fall is typically chilly but not cold and rather wet. I've put together these fall essentials to help you stay stylish and comfortable for the next few weeks. I'm particularly drawn to reds and blues right now, but they would look beautiful in any color.
1. Puffer Vest - I love a nice vest. They keep you warm, and color and texture to your outfit. Vests are also the perfect weight for early fall, and can be layered under other clothes as the temperature drops. There are so many beautiful colors right now, and the current styles add almost no bulk which I love.
2. Striped top - I love a striped top. They are flattering, and will be in style year after year. This J.Crew one is so classic and comes in navy, pink, and multi color. I like the 3/4 sleeve length for September, but they also come in long and short sleeves.
3. Rain boots - It's so rainy here in D.C., my sneakers are soaked before I reach the Metro. Rain boots are the perfect solution of course, and a pair of Hunter boots are a wardrobe classic that is in style year after year. I also really like L.L.Bean boots, and you can find great options at other stores like Target.
4. Scarf - A colorful scarf adds so much texture and color to an outfit. Fall dressing is all about layering textures, and scarves are a perfect way to do that. I love these Tuckernuck scarves; they look like Hermes ones and are under $50. A large scarf can be worn so many ways too - around the neck, on a handbag, outside or inside a coat. The options are almost endless!
5. Skinny ankle length jeans - Skinny jeans are great for fall because they tuck well into boots. I like ankle length ones for early fall because they don't drag on the ground when it's raining, and the pop of ankle they add looks cute with loafers or sneakers when it's sunny out.
Are you excited to dress for fall? What are your favorite pieces?