since the Olympics are over it’s time to catch up on all the TV we missed and settle in to some regularly scheduled programming (or streaming service shows). In that spirit , I thought I would share what I think are the best TV shows to watch right now.
1. The Good Place. I think this show is so creative and original, and it’s hilarous. We just finished the second season and are re-watching the first. It’s even funnier the second time around. It’s one of those shows where there are a lot of layers to the jokes, so they are funnier with each viewing.
2. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I know I mentioned this before, but I love this show! It’s so smart and fast paced, and the clothes are swoon worthy. It’s very different than Gilmore Girls (both are by Amy Sherman-Palladino) but it still has that quick wit.
3. This Is Us. I think everyone has heard about how good this show is by now, but it’s honestly that good. It’s the first show in a while that I can’t wait to see what happens (as opposed to a show like The Good Place where I can’t wait for a new episode because I can’t wait for more jokes). Also, I know a lot of people talk about how much this show makes them cry, but I have never found an episode to be a downer.
4. Anything in Bravo. Definitely my “dessert” (does anyone else use this Finding Forrester analogy too?)
5. Jackpot Airlines. This show is surprisingly funny. I started watching it as something to have on in the background, but I really like it now! The cast of characters is eccentric and the jokes keep on coming.
What are your favorite shows? I’m always looking for new ones to watch, so please share!