Today I am excited to share my favorite healthy blueberry muffin recipe. These muffins don’t have flour, sugar or oil and they taste delicious. I’ve been making them on the weekends to replace the granola bars my husband and I were eating for breakfast. They are simple to make, and I feel so much healthier eating some thing homemade and oil free in the mornings instead of breakfast bars with who knows what in them.
1. Preheat oven to 325. Spread the oats out on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, about 5-10 minutes. Once you remove the oats, increase the oven to 350.
2. Pleace 1.5 cups of the oats into a food processor or blender (I used a ninja bullet) and pulse until they look like flour.
3. Mash the banana until there are no lumps. I used my mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in honey, vanilla, and eggs and mix to combine.
4. Add in the oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix to combine. Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes to soak the oats.
5. Add in your add in of choice. Scoop into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Do you have any healthy recipes? I love brining in a homemade baked good for breakfast at work - anything made with love tastes so delicious and is such a bright start to the day!